Thursday, July 14, 2011

Fine dining

I guess I will never understand the concept of fine dining no matter how hard I try. I am a foodie and can cook good food but fine dining is not about food after all. Is it about fancy restaurant names, crisp tablecloths, fine china, glasswares and waiters in tuxedos? You eat tiny portion of food which may be visually appealing but may not appeal to your taste buds.

Is it because I am a vegetarian and do not drink? I have seen people enjoying wine for hours and hours until they get a little drunk or as they say "sober" ;). Shouldn't it be named "fine drinking" in that case ?!! I have been to these restaurants where the bill for a small group turns out to be greater than my month's salary.
PS - I am not the one who is paying at such restaurants :)

No comments: